We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we will assume that you are happy to receive all the cookies from the Godstone Parish Council website. However, if you would like to, you can change your settings at any time.

Godstone Parish Council

Public Information

Christmas Lights

The Parish council is asking for community support to light up the villages, read about the situation with the Christmas lights and the request for help  pdfChristmas Lights 2023

The Bounty - Buying the Parish Office

The Parish council currently rents the Bounty from the Scouts, but since 2021 the Parish council have been in discussions with Godstone Scouts about buying the parish office, known as The Bounty.  After some delays, due to having to addressing different issues, both parties are now agreed on a purchase price and the transaction is now proceeding.  For more information the councils Business Case is available for information using this Link.

Surrey County Council Asset Network for Community Groups and Charities

To  make it easier for community groups to find out about funding, consultations, Surrey County Council are developing some “asset networks”. Community groups, charities, social enterprises, faith organisations etc can sign up in order to be kept in the loop about grant opportunities, consultations, opportunities to co-design etc and hope this will make it easier to collaborate with the community sector.

Surrey County Council - Rural England Propserity Fund Grant
Grants of up to £50,000 are now available to fund projects that will have a positive impact on businesses and communities in the rural areas of Guildford, Waverley and Tandridge. Active businesses, charities and community groups in these areas can apply for up to 50% of capital costs for projects which create jobs or grow the local rural economy such as farm diversification, food and drink produce, business development, community cafés and shops. Applications can be made at www.surreycc.gov.uk/ruralprosperity.
Results of Local District and Parish Elections
S38 Application for a New Path on Godstone Green
Henry Smith Charity

Further information on eligibility and how to apply for a grant from the Henry Smith Charity, if you live in Godstone, South Godstone or Blindley Heath, is available on request from Pat Bamforth, Clerk to the Trustees at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Household Support Fund 

Please find information on the government scheme to help ease the financial pressure from the rising cost of living. Residents with low incomes can apply for a small grant from this fund  Household support fund - Tandridge District Council

Parish Articles and Letters

pdfGodstone Parish Funding and Work

pdfCar Park Termination of Project Statement

Pondtail Surgery

There is also a webpage Patient Engagement for Future GP Services at Pond Tail Surgery (Godstone) which will be updated with the latest information.

Tandridge District Council Local Plan Examination

For the latest update from the Inspector, information can be found on the Tandridge District Councils website, on the Examination page using this link Local Plan 2033

Surrey Hills AONB Boundary Review

A formal boundary review is currently underway led by Natural England, https://www.surrey-hills-aonb-boundary-review.org/


Please contact the Clerk if you would like to apply to the Parish Council for a Grant.

 Information on the Unitary Authority Proposal

pdfSurrey County Council Letter on Unitary Authority to Secretary of State (June 2020)

pdfTandridge District Council Letter on Unitary Authority to Secretary of State (June 2020) and attachment

pdfDistrict and Borough Leaders Letter on Unitary Authority to Secretary of State (June 2020)

Statutory Documents

Committee Terms of Reference are in the Meetings section of the website on each individual Committee page.
Information Updates
Godstone Parish Councils Representations on the Tandridge Local Plan 2033 Regulation 19
 Please contact the Clerk for further information.